If you are self-employed

you will need to keep full and accurate records and fill in a Self-Assessment tax return each year to show your profits from the business plus any additional income (e.g. from property rental). Your tax and National Insurance contributions (“NI.”) can then be computed (we can help with that).

If you are just starting out with a new business, HA Accountants can also help you set it up and register with HMRC for National Insurance and tax purposes. Some companies may also need to consider registering for VAT and perhaps may need help with PAYE – HA Accountants can help with all of this and make it all very easy. They may also be able to give advice as to which allowances, reliefs and deductions are available to your particular situation, and can help you to claim them. This is even true when your business ceases trading.

  • Do you need help with your tax return but don’t know where to begin?
    Are your tax affairs in a confusing mess?
     Do you need help with your record keeping?
     Have you received poor service from your accountants in the past and want to start afresh?
     Are you undergoing a tax inquiry by the Inland Revenue & need help?

For more details please check our individual section.